Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

WOO-HOO today is the start of another year. Today was probably the slowest day that this team is going to get to see. In Haiti, New Year’s Eve is not the celebration day; New Year’s Day is the celebration day. They do not celebrate the beginning of a new year, they celebrate the fact that they lived through the past year. Also, January 1st is their independence day. So once we were all up and ate, I spent the morning catching up on some random things and Erin and I went to see Sonel and Flober for a little while. After lunch I went with the Tomoca group to Anse-a-foleur to help with their VBS program and go to the VOO-DOO temple and the VOO-DOO monument. I did not make it to the monument at the top of the mountain because one of the ladies in the group decided when we were half way up, to go back to the church. So we walked back to the church and hung out until the rest of the group was back. I ride to and from Anse-a-foleur was about 40 minutes and was nice to get to see some of the country that I had not seen before. We got back about an hour before dinner and for me it was back to helping out everyone with little things that needed done and going to see Sonel and Flober again. After dinner and devotions I spent some time with some of the interpreters and the other interns that are here for a short while. We were up until about midnight and since there was a group planning on leaving at 5am, we thought it best to call it a night. Peace.

3 comments:

brittneyanne said...

I miss you but am super happy that you are back in Haiti. Keep up the wonderful work!

Sinclair said...

I can't wait to get back to Haiti. Thanks for the update on Sonel and everyone and some neat trivia on the Haitian holidays. Hope you are enjoying yourself and that we get to meet again sometime. Talk to ya later, Sinclair

dadandbrother said...

glad to hear you are doing well, my brother. wish i could visit you. I may do it, God is calling me to something, so why not check out Haiti. Keep up the good work, you are making a difference in lots of lives, Haitian and American. Love you and miss you, Dad